Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotspots

Anonymous
Not applicable
A message is coming up on my monitor which says "There are several hot spots with same unique ID in the library part: title with layout no. 12" - What does this mean and what do I do? Thanks Hank
4 REPLIES 4
Erich
Contributor
Hank,

There is an error in the way the hotspots were written in the object. Since the error message says "title with layout no. 12", I suspect that the problem is the the 2D script - I assume that there is not 3D component to this part.

Most likely this is due to how the graphic hotspots were written. If you open the part (From the menus: Libraries and Objects>Open Object) you can look at the 2D script to find any lines that start with "hotspot2" (without the quotes).

Graphic hotspots are often written like this:
HOTSPOT2 dx,  0,        1, bstartHS, 1+128 
HOTSPOT2 dx,  bstartHS, 2, bstartHS, 2 
HOTSPOT2 dx, -1,        3, bstartHS, 3 
Where the numbers 1, 2, and 3 represent the hotspot ID. If two different hotspot2 commands have the same ID number you will get this error. To fix the error you need to find each instance where the ID number is the matches another ID number and change it to a unique number. To avoid this issue, well written graphic hotspots are often done as follows:
unID = 1
HOTSPOT2 dx,  0,        unID, bstartHS, 1+128 : unID=unID+1
HOTSPOT2 dx,  bstartHS, unID, bstartHS, 2        : unID=unID+1 
HOTSPOT2 dx, -1,        unID, bstartHS, 3        : unID=unID+1 
This code start out with the hotspot id set equal to unID which is defined as equal to 1. Then with each hotspot command the unID value is increased by 1 so there is never an issue with idential hotspot id's.

If you are not comfortable fixing the GDL, then you could try posting the object to the forum and perhaps someone could fix it for you.

Also, you should add a signature listing your operating system and version of ArchiCAD. The answers to questions can vary depending on what you are running. See my signature for an example.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hank,
Bear in my that this is not a lethal error. You can keep working without fixing them. That said, follow what Erich advised and list the objects that are giving these error messages. Someone might have fixed them already and can post or email them to you.
I understand you are newish to archicad (1 year?) and new to the forum, rre they standard Archicad objects?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get this d a m n error message all the time while working in AC12. It happens when I open the dialogue box for the NCS Drawing Title 12. It is not a critical error, just annoying. I will try the fix Erich has suggested, though GDL makes me want to stab out my eyes...
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, this thread is old but I just ran into this problem. When I place a drawing onto a Layout the title does not show up. If I go into the settings dialog I get a warning about "hotspots with same unique ID".

I tried Erich's idea of editing the GDL but have no idea how it works and got nowhere.

Does anyone have a solution? I'm using AC 13 with the Library from 12. Maybe that's the problem. If I add/load the 13 library will I be able to use a v13 title for my drawings?

Thank you from non-power user.