BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do i edit a cadimage wall covering favorite?

Anonymous
Not applicable
so i have saved my coverings as favorites while the covering tool is activated with a wall selected. which works great. however when i go into my favorites dialog box out side of the settings dialog box the favorite does not exsist. i can see the favorite only when i have the wall covering tool active, and only in the settings dialog. the issue im having is because the favorite only shows up in the favorites dialog when the tool is active. and the favorites dialog is the only place i can edit or delete the favorite. so if i want to make changes to a wall covering favorite its not possible. am i missing something? would this be an issue on archicads end or cadimage?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Cadimage Tools/etc are 'other products', so strictly the discussion doesn't belong under 'Working in ArchiCAD'... but it sounds like the issue you're talking about is primarily a Favorites thing. See the attached screenshot - click the triangle at the top right of the Favorites palette to get Favorites Preferences and perhaps uncheck the box to show only favorites for the current tool?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies on the wrong placement, is there something i do to move it or does a moderator have to?

even when i uncheck "show favorites of active tool only" the wall covering favorite that i have circled does not show up in the favorites palette.
FAVORITE HELP.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
No problem. I think this is a Cadimage issue, but it may not really be - so let's leave the topic here for now.

Cadimage offers free, responsive technical support for their products. I suggest that you contact them, as it seems that they may treat the favorites for their add-on differently than standard favorites.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for such a quick response i have also asked the same question their forum but figured i would ask in two places. i have found a work around for now.
Barry Kelly
I don't use the Cadimage wall covering so this is just a guess.
I assume it is an object so you need to be looking in the object favourites (further down in your list) and not the wall favourites?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!