cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to fill a gap, that was cut in shell?

jakubc
Newcomer
Hello!
I've modelled this stuff, that I attached to this message. Now I would like to fill this round hole on top of it with some kind of surface, but I dunno how to do this. This object was created out of dome, then I created a roof and cut the dome untill the lower surface of the roof. Then I hid a layer with the roof - maybe there's a better way to do this?

Also - can I define a plane to work with shells etc. in other way, then "showing" an existing surface on my model, for example by inserting rotation angle etc?

-if you can't understand my crap english, please lemme know I'll try to show it on pictures or something

model.JPG
ArchiCAD 16 * Windows XP & Vista 32bit & Win8 64bit
*AMD 8150 FX*AMD Radeon 7970*8Gb ram
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
If you are not worried about the section then you could just make the walls of the dome thicker.

If the cut was horizontal you could modify the shape of the profile to have a flat top.
You could still do this and the tip (rotate) the dome in 3D but you will have to extend the curve (profile) for the base of the dome and then cut that off flat.

If you had 16 it is very easy - Morph.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another rough and ready solution would be a cylinder of the right diameter and angle to fill the circular hole.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Or use the roof tool, the same roof you used to 'cut' the top of the sphere.
Remember also that you can use the marquee tool to 'cut' shapes.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
jakubc
Newcomer
Agh, ok your responses helped me, thanks ;]

To close this topic - do you have any idea, when is students version of Archicad 16 going to be released? This morph function sounds really cool...
ArchiCAD 16 * Windows XP & Vista 32bit & Win8 64bit
*AMD 8150 FX*AMD Radeon 7970*8Gb ram