Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make complex two slope roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I have problem with roof in 2d plans. I made two slope roof which crosses with another 2 slope roof like in the cross. I needed use Solid Element operations tool, which perfectly worked in 3d model, but not in the 2d plans. As you can see in image, those parts from roof which has to be cut are not cut, and I dont know how to solve this problem. Yes I can change roof geometry from 2d view but it wouldnt be precisely, because I cant see were this crosing roof make precise connections, and from sections ore elevations view I cant make changes in roof geometry Please help and thanks:)

Image:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?16b4e11e9e.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
In this case you don't need to use SEO. And as you have discovered, SEO's do not show in plan.

If you select one face of the highest roof, then CMD-Click (or CTRL-Click on PC) on the end edge of the lower roof it will trim the lower roof edge to where the two meet. See the image below.

You will also need to add some nodes to the higher roof plane to create the valley. Stretch the mid point of the valley in, select the low roof and use the same method to form the valley line on the higher roof.

Hope this makes sense.
Picture 4.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much