Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Design Options

archislave
Enthusiast
I have a townhouse project that will have various front facade options per unit floor plan. What is the best way to handle this? That will make several combinations of several attached units forming a building. Each building will have townhouses with various combos of elevations per building.

I never have done this in Archicad!
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hot linked modules/plns would be the typical solution... Bringing the units and facades into a master file

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
archislave
Enthusiast
If the only thing different about the unit is just he front wall then it is a shame to create a whole file for each option to hotlink. It is a shame no formal design option feature like i hear they have in Revit.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make the source modules in the same file as the townhouses or altogether in a separate file.

If you make the façades in the same file as the buildings you can either model them all remote from the project or chose one of each "in situ" to use as the source for each. These can then be made into modules by selecting all the elements (easy if they are grouped) and using "Save Selection as Module".

If you don't want the complications of having the source in a different part of the main file or to remember which in situ façade is the source of each you can model them all in a single separate file and use the same method to save the modules.

There may be a way to set up the modules as a publisher set but this would depend on the details.