Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to set a multi-plane roof with flat ceiling?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I wonder how I can set my customed complex multi-plane roof so that it has a flat ceiling at the height of the pivot line? See the green line in the picture below:

Regards
Alex
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Alex:

If you want the top to be sloped and the bottom to be flat, there are a few options:
1. Use the Mesh Tool
2. Add a slab for the flat ceiling, then SEO the Slab from the Roof

If you want both to be flat, then use the Slab Tool.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I've realised that it is not possible to make a roof like this which is a bit strange as it is very common to build roofs like those in larger buildings with a straight joist and adding up with insulation to create the slope. I see a mesh as a better option in that case as you get one element with clean sections.
Erich
Contributor
Don't get too hung up on the tool names. Think of them in terms of what they do and how they work then use the most appropriate tool to your conditions. In this case, the mesh tool would be the best choice, although I would certainly consider using multiple elements, such as a slab or roof for the decking and mesh for insulation above, to more closely relate to how the roof would be constructed in reality.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K