Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How well can ArchiCAD deal with these shapes ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm currently looking for inspiration for my next project at University. I've just purchased " Strike a Pose' book and ' Space Craft 2 '

The attachment shows the type of shape and form I want to design, but I have no idea if/how ArchiCAD has ' free form ' tools to allow me to do this in 3D. I know that you would probably create a wall first, so that you have a base to work from, but I'm not sure how to create such shapes.

I've posted a few threads like this because I find it easier to learn what I need to know rather than just looking at tutorials that I don't need... Plus this style isn't well-known to my knowledge i.e I didn't find any help on this on the internet.

Thank You for your help.
11 REPLIES 11
owen
Newcomer
Dwight wrote:
Once you've made the profile, the panel is extruded as a wall, perpendicular to the facade.
An alternative to Dwights suggestion is to draw a normal wall and then create some complex profiles in the negative of what Dwight shows and then use these as SEO's to cut the windows from the wall (place the SEO profiles on a hidden layer).

Of course if you want to show the profiles accurately in plan (i.e cuts through the various 'branches' with gaps where the openings are) then Dwights method will show that.

The issue I can see with Dwights is as the walls are perpendicular to your 'real' wall direction you cannot place doors/windows in those walls and have them show correctly in plan. Automatic zone boundaries also wouldnt work without a constant bounding wall. Mind you, with walls like that i guess you probably wouldn't need to be showing regular doors/windows in them anyway.

When you finally get the option to show SEO's correctly in plan (AC16 maybe) then my method might be worth another look.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
c*ap, every day we see some example that archicad is far away to be architectural modeling tool...