cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you go about modeling this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have always wondered how others are modeling details like these (see the attachments). Specifically how would you model the trim pieces on the column bases and the crown molding. I would like to hear how you would proceed to model these.

Existing Exterior 010.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
the other...
Existing Exterior 011.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Molding = one or more custom profiles (upper and below) to have both turn 90° individually at the corner...

Posts : using different slabs in plan view and save as an object (see image)

Etc...
Anonymous
Not applicable
So do you save that as an gld object then or just group it so its easier to multiply?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do this with one piece, and than use SE. In this case you dont have GDL.
Anonymous
Not applicable
HAL9000 wrote:
So do you save that as an gld object then or just group it so its easier to multiply?
I do save as a GDL object (via Generic Axonometry window) to have it turn 90° : File > Libraries and Objects > Save selection as... and make it an editable script to change materials if needed.
Then multiply the object in plan view.

I would use slabs also to get the storefronts as shown (as a carpenter would assemble them)
Dwight
Newcomer
Many objects can be more simply made with Custom Profile Walls - no rotating and only save as an object if you need it again.

Several advantages include individual surface materials.
010.jpg
Dwight Atkinson