Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing images

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to import an image of say, a rug and be able to have it show up in the orientation I'd like it to? For example, I've imported the image that I want to use but the "grid" system of setting up pictures doesn't have it on the 8'-6" x 11'-6" setup that I want it at.
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
T Linds:

One way to handle rugs is to draw a slab the size of the rug and assign the image to the material that is used for the top of the rug (slab), with the texture size to match the rug size. Then use the Align 3D Texture commands to place the texture at the right place and orientation on the slab.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,
Thanks for the response but, rather embarrassingly, I found a rug object in the library a few minutes after posting this. It was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

T