Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

In A/C 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't find the classic 3d navigation pallette. It is not where the book says it should be
Also I have no classic alt click verification sound, does anyone know how to turn it on?

Thank you

jp
28 REPLIES 28
Jay wrote:
Am I missing something, or is using arrow keys and page keys to try to walk through the building just a horrible idea?
Arrows or W-S/A-D control forward-back/sides motion, and the mouse controls rotation on z (rotate to the sides) and x (look up on down) axis (in a walkthru you are moving level, so by 'rotating' up or down you look up or down -and you would go for fly mode if you wanted otherwise). It's sort of standard gaming control. So you need one hand on the keyboard, one on the mouse.

Try first moving car-like, moving forward (w) and backing up (s) only while turning with the mouse, and standing and panning every now and then. Once you are comfortable with that you can improve your sidesteps, like when you want to pop up on a window and shoot the bad guy. [Don't know what they were thinking when they didn't put the jump, crouch, prone, and crawl controls.]

Because the walk is not gravity-sensitive, you will need Space and C for elevators and stairs. Optional gravity could be cool for AC 11.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
I cope by using two different mouses (?!).
I believe that is "meeses" (as in Warner Bros. not Ed).
Dwight
Newcomer
And I hate it when they break into two pieces.
Dwight Atkinson
Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast
Both of you guys obviously have too much time on your hands.
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Dwight
Newcomer
Gerald:

What you see between Matthew and me is merely exhausting the "wastegate" of turbocharged minds.

In a turbocharged engine, if the turbo didn't have a wastegate to shunt overheated air, it could never turn off and would explode.

Boom.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Gerald:

What you see between Matthew and me is merely exhausting the "wastegate" of turbocharged minds.

In a turbocharged engine, if the turbo didn't have a wastegate to shunt overheated air, it could never turn off and would explode.

Boom.
Nah, I'm just using my ArchiBOT to generate automated responses.
TomWaltz
Participant
I thought you were just in a "Post Count" fight.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
:

Nah, I'm just using my ArchiBOT to generate automated responses.

My point, exactly.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
You mean stacking up the one-liners?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
You mean stacking up the one-liners?
Nah, we'd never do that.