Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Inadvertent Slab Activation PRoBLemS!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bloody hell this is maddening...! (ACK!) - Is there ANY conceivable way I can pick a group of objects on a floor plan without activating the coincident slab or fills?? USED to be that You'd have to lasso in (term used loosely) one of the vertices of said object to activate it. It's REALLY REALLY inconvenient. I can't seem to find info on this.

TIA (thanks in advance)
Jonathan
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Spacebar?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
JD wrote:
Bloody hell this is maddening...! (ACK!) - Is there ANY conceivable way I can pick a group of objects on a floor plan without activating the coincident slab or fills?? USED to be that You'd have to lasso in (term used loosely) one of the vertices of said object to activate it. It's REALLY REALLY inconvenient. I can't seem to find info on this.

TIA (thanks in advance)
Jonathan
Actually, I think you've found one of the new "features"; the magnetic selection. I've found it more useful to keep this turned off and as Link suggested you can toggle this on and off with the spacebar while the tool in in the arrow selection mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Beautiful! Thank you so much! I'm on deadline right now - and don't know HOW long it would've taken me to discover that on my own.

Thanks again.