Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Snap points disappear too quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm being frustrated, and before I create a poll, I'd like to see if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a better way to handle this.
I am trying to adjust paneling to a line using the divisions snaps, but many times before I can select the fill and stretch to the snap, the snaps disappear. It seems that I cannot reselect the line to make the snaps reappear without dropping my command and reselect the line with the mercedes marker and then select the fill and try to stretch. By the time I do all this the snaps disappear again. Why can I not start to adjust a fill or other object and then select a line and have the special snaps show up? Anyone else frustrated with this?
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes!

This is one of those things that just make me uncomfortable when training new users. It's like teaching them that they have to race against time to get to their special snap points. I've suggested a preference setting like the auto update display option, and having it default to 2-3 seconds. I also suggested improving the visibility of these points when scrolling with our mouse.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I would be happy if I could just reactivate the snap points without dropping the command. This can be done when drawing lines, but not when adjusting fills.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Millard wrote:
if I could just reactivate the snap points.
Ahh your said it, maybe with a modifier key.
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Millard for posting your comments. It is a problem for me too. Much of the time I end up placing a hot spot on the mark while I can still see it. I hope it can be fixed soon.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25