Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Intersection Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with AC17 and wall intersections.

I have set on both walls the exterior skin as finish and the interior as core. It only has a problem in one situation (with red circle) I wanted it to stop before the exterior skin.

Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2014-10-20 à 10.54.42.png
16 REPLIES 16
shtarkel
Participant
Hi, you can watch this video and say if it did the trick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_g9r3PELO0
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I'm not getting how this works, but the finish on both sides of the wall (plaster) is the same. I can't make plaster higher priority than the brick core otherwise brick will stop at the plaster right?
shtarkel
Participant
Paste here the settings you use for all the materials from the building material's menu and give colour screen shot of the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here you go:
Capture d’écran 2014-10-20 à 12.27.46.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
shtarkel
Participant
020_1 is your skin right? Give it intersection priority of 610.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I do that, no core will intersect correctly:
Capture d’écran 2014-10-20 à 14.39.51.png
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
While it is always a good practice to give the wall core the highest priority -so you don't have issues- and work outward from there giving the outer skins less priority, in the case of external finishes, it is advised to have two different plaster materials, giving the outer one a bigger priority -maybe even higher than the core- so that other skins won't cut it.

As for insulation and air-spaces inside walls, while you would think they would need a lesser priority (as in insulation is less strong than concrete, right?) you would want it to have a bigger number so that it is a continuos skin.

Hope that makes sense.

Best regards.
shtarkel
Participant
Try making two different materials for inside and outside of the building. So no core can get trough the outside one but the inner intersect correctly