Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Issue with building material strength

Kamelite
Advocate
Any reasonable explanation for the following issue:

The beam, marked With a red X, does not interact With the roof. The walls and the roof is composit structures, the Wood "floor" is solid Wood(slab), and the beam in question is concrete, and has the highest material strength. The walls interact With each other like they should, the concrete beam interact With both the walls and the Wood slab like it should, but I can not wrap my head around why it doesn't interact With the roof. But I also see that the walls don't interact With the roof in the same way that other elements act With each other. They have the layer intersection priority number (1, a set by default, and I have double checked 🙂 )

Or is this simpy a matter of It can't be done, that the roof doesn't like the other elements? And also, is it possible to see the composit structure (the different materials) of the roof like you see it when looking at a wall from above?

.Kamelite

why.jpg
Windows 10, Archicad 27
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Kamelite:

In the Help files, at Elements of the Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Model Element Connections > Basic Intersection Principles, there is a chart showing the Automatic Intersections in ArchiCAD, which shows that the Beam-Roof intersections require a Connect (Merge/Trim), so the intersection is not automatic. You can also use a SEO.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14