BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

K Gutter downpipe hole

Deno10
Contributor

Hi guys, 

Newbie here.

Is there a way to off centre the downpipe hole in the K gutter profile so that it's not cutting through the angled portion of the gutter and along the flat base of the gutter? 

Deno10_0-1641859133027.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If there is not a setting, then either edit the code or convert to a morph, or draw it in separate.

I used the railing tool for all of my gutters and Eave items since it links to The roof notes but if you edit things correctly you can use a post as the downspout which gives you a decent amount of control as to the placement.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution

If there is not a setting, then either edit the code or convert to a morph, or draw it in separate.

I used the railing tool for all of my gutters and Eave items since it links to The roof notes but if you edit things correctly you can use a post as the downspout which gives you a decent amount of control as to the placement.

Thanks for responding Seneca. I'll give it a a go.

4dProof
Advisor

custom profies also work... or for that matter, just turn the downpipe hole off and place the downspout where you want it... nothing says you need to show a hole in your gutter to connect a downpipe (unless you are doing a rendering of your gutters! 😉 )

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Thanks for the response 4dProof. 

Let me know if you want a sample file.

Learn and get certified!