Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Library Loading report - reports duplicates

Anonymous
Not applicable
My library loading reports duplicate objects in a custom library when I open the project. When I check the custom library, I can only find a single instance of the objects reported. ( I checked for whether the duplicate objects are hidden files - no dice. I ran a decloner app - no dice. ) This is annoying, but not fatal. Is there something known that makes this happen?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
It is not necessarily saying you have duplicate objects in you custom library but you may have the same object in another library that you have loade or it may be in the "Embedded library".

Select the duplicate in the list and press "i" info button to get more information.

Can you post a screen shot of your library loading report and we can show you what to do if this is not clear.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
As seen on the attched screen shot, the duplicate files are the MTS Toledo Bar Stool & MTS Toledo Chair. They are not in the embedded library, and only have a single instance each in the loaded libraries (as seen in the finder windows). No hidden files either ( " .MTS Toledo Chair.gsm " )
Karl Ottenstein
Your Information window, showing the duplicates, suggests that you have loaded the "DD Equipment Library AC 14 2015" twice...? Could you show us a screenshot of your Library window?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the Library window.
Karl Ottenstein
Any chance that your "DD Equipment" library is located inside one of the other folders listed under Linked Libraries?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Karl, no such luck. As I said, frustrating as all get out, but not really fatal....
Barry Kelly
It seems you do have duplicate objects withing your ""DD Equipment Library Archicad 14 2015" folder.
We can't see the entire list but i am pretty sure they are there somewhere.

Interestingly I deliberately duplicated part of my library.
The library report shows the same as yours - i.e. "Libraries with duplicate objects".
When I select this and press the info button I see a similar report as yours that looks like the library is loaded twice when in fact it isn't.
It is just stating the library that each of the duplicates is in - in this case it is the same one.

The problem is you can list the placed (or all) duplicates and see there names but you can not get the file paths for thes objects.
Archicad needs to give more info.

I thought I would be clever and and look in the object settings dialogue and "Find Library Parts" by searching for the name.
But this only show one instance of the object.
The second is invisible in the object settings dialogue.

You could try deleteing (or better moving) these two objects from your library and re-load.
If there is no duplicate then it will come up as a missing object.
If there is a duplicate then you will be able to see where it is in the object settings dialogue.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Thanks for your thoughts. They led me in the right direction, finally.

I finally fixed it by opening the GSM script for the objects, saving the two objects with a different names, then linking all the placed objects to the new name, and deleting the original objects from the library file. I then reversed the process ( so other projects with the same objects don't need relinking).

Victory! No more "Duplicate Objects"
Barry Kelly
I think you will still have two objects with the same names in your library now.
But because you openend the scripts and "saved as" they now have new unique internal ID numbers (GUID) so as far as Archicad is concerned they are no longer duplicates.
If I am not wrong Archicad does not really care what the object is called - it is the GUID that is important.

Now you may be fortunate because you have a duplicate of these objects with the original GUIDs hidden somewhere in your library that you can't find.
Your existing jobs should automatically link to these.
If I understand the Archicad GUID process they won't be linking to your new "Saved as" objects.

If you just deleted those original objects (or now delete these new saved as objects) and re-load the library does the library report show missing objects?
If it does I will be surprised - then put your new objects back as you have found your solution (and I misunderstand how the GUID works).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27