Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Medieval openings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to model window/door openings like this?
14 REPLIES 14
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Bier wrote:
Did not hang with Q.T., but still takes a while and streaming can't keep up with play speed. No big deal.
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but from Uk to West Coast is a lot of
stone throws for 75mb.
I'll see if I can achieve a higher compression level in the clip without destroying the detail. I'm not certain where my ISP's servers are based, but they definitely aren't in the UK. I think they might be housed in Germany? Either way, it should work as well as a US-based server - in theory
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Today, I've been able to talk to a friend that works Archicad 12 already.

Anyway, he told me that in this version only, he saw Arched Casement Window that can have a custom reveal (a splayed or historical, as these are called). Very nice implementation, but it's too late for me, I don't know when I'm going to upgrade to A12. I'm stuck to A9, for now.

They proved it can be done, but it took 12 versions of this program to implement this special window/opening.

So, is there a way to migrate only the reveal settings of these windows to previous versions of archicad window objects (V9 at least )?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
cris2d2 wrote:
So, is there a way to migrate only the reveal settings of these windows to previous versions of archicad window objects (V9 at least )?
There is no easy or simple way to do this, and it is possible that the code involved uses features not available in version 9.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do this already, certainly in Archicad 11. As far as I remember you could do it in 10 too. See Help

"Door/Window Reveal Panel
The Reveal panel’s controls are only active if you have chosen the Reveal construction method in the Preview and Positioning panel.
You can customize here the various elements of the reveal, such as the Head Depth, Sill/Threshold Depth, left and right Jamb Depth and Reveal Depth"

Set up your window and go to the reveal panel, and then set up the angle of your reveal...

Am I missing the point?
piton
Newcomer
Is it a bug or a feature that the top reveal of arched wall opening must be the same as the side reveals?
This way the arch of the reveal is not parallel with the opening's arch, which looks very ugly.
And why isn't the historic reveal available?