cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multi-Plane Roof Doesn't Work

Anonymous
Not applicable
I simply can't get the Multi-Plane roof tool to respond to creating a broken pitch roof with a 3.5 in 12 lower section and a 6.5:12 upper- it won't change the roof at all.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
richardaia:

In the Roofs Settings > Multi-Plane Geometry > Roof Levels, is the lower level roof Elevation set to a low enough height?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks on all counts David. That light bulb went off in my brain at 1 in the morning. You can feel really dumb when the solution turns out to be something you should have seen right away.

Richard
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Richard:

It looks like the default value is the Imperial equivalent of 2 meters, a high value if creating a small residential scale roof, so not hard to miss.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14