Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

National Council for Building Designer Certification

gradient fill on my "unofficial" stamp idea.

I am getting it ready to submit.

Any CPBD (Certified Professional Building Designer) designers out there ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

19 REPLIES 19
not even one CPBD out there ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this some kind of a joke?? If you want a stamp, become an architect. If you don't want to invest the time, energy and commitment it takes to become an architect, no cute little stamp is going to give you credibility.
Inform your self. Please see these web sites.

http://aibd.org/ http://www.ncbdc.com/ http://www.noca.org/index.htm ( National Organization for Competency Assurance )

I was just showing some gradient fill in a proposed change to the existing stamp.

Don't even get me started on the "credibility" of Architects when it comes to residential design. There are precious few Architects who would qualify as "credible" with me, let alone competent in this area.

It takes 6 years of Professional Design experience + the educational requirements before you qualify to set for exams with the NCBDC.

You are making some very uninformed assumptions about the AIBD and the NCBDC if you think Architects have any more credibility, education, or skill than we do. Some of us in fact are Architects and Engineers too.

Generally speaking, (as a builder that is) there are very few things I can think of that would compromise the "credibility" of a set of House Plans more than to put an Architects stamp on it.

This is of course not always the case, probably even seldom would be more accurate, however, it is not an uncommon or even unearned perception.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Don't even get me started on the "credibility" of Architects when it comes to residential design.
Hoo boy! This could make the Mac/PC debate look calm and civilized.
you should have seen the stuff I deleted !

Architects stamp. Please! All that means to me is that the plan was made under the "direction and control" of someone else because we all know Architects can't draw and know noting at all about construction right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
you should have seen the stuff I deleted !

Architects stamp. Please! All that means to me is that the plan was made under the "direction and control" of someone else because we all know Architects can't draw and know noting at all about construction right?
Having been around all sides of this issue, all I can say is that I have met a lot of posers and more than a few masters everywhere I've looked. I must say though that for all its faults an architectural education does weed out a lot of wannabes.
Rick Thompson
Expert
gbley wrote:
Is this some kind of a joke?? If you want a stamp, become an architect. If you don't want to invest the time, energy and commitment it takes to become an architect, no cute little stamp is going to give you credibility.

Like an architects seal give's credibility (and they are not cute)???? (or any seal????)

"Be very weary of men with shinny shoes"..... Tao Tzu

"I've got a seal.. he eats fish".. Pantajali
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
CPBD here. My formal training was in construction technology and four semesters civil/structural engineering. I have 28 years experience and I like gradient fill. My partner is a registered architect and we get along fine. Oh, and the seal looks better than the one I was given for passing the three day CPBD exam. (no cad for design work, all by hand)

Mark Thomas Hendricks, CPBD
Rick Thompson
Expert
Here's a good joke illustrating the illusion of credibility....

The city of Atlanta is only now starting to require any certification for builders (before it was a $75 business licensee) (joke 1). The city planning dept is stocked by 90% dim bulbs (joke 2). I have had several builders tell me they have submitted the same plan, different addresses.. so different applications) and one passes, the other bounces (and the redlines are the real joke). Now, Atlanta allow plans to be fast tracked if they are sealed by a GA architect. I applied to be reinstated in GA, and submitted my info. I was turned down because my continuing edu credits would not work. In NC all credits have to be HSW, which are what I submitted to GA. They said I need to have 12 of the 48 required in anything else, but not Health, Safety and Welfare, that would not work. So, I told them censored

"I am what I am" popeye the sailorman

ps.. Steve.. what about center justifying your contact info below the apex of the triangle?
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display