cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New & Reset Won't Work

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason the alt/file/new & reset command provides me with a new file but does not return to the original selection of default factory settings for fills & composites etc. In fact all I get is a very small selection. Has anyone struck this problem before or know a way to overcome it? Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
Caliban wrote:
For some reason the alt/file/new & reset command provides me with a new file but does not return to the original selection of default factory settings for fills & composites etc. In fact all I get is a very small selection. Has anyone struck this problem before or know a way to overcome it? Thanks in advance.
what version? operating system? etc?

could it be possible that the 'new and reset' file template which resides in your archiCAD folder somewhere (i think!) has been corrupted or replaced with another? try reinstalling?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using V7.0 with Windows 98. I suppose I could reinstall the programme, but I'm dead scared of losing my project files in the process, or not being able to use them again.
__archiben
Booster
Caliban wrote:
I'm using V7.0 with Windows 98. I suppose I could reinstall the programme, but I'm dead scared of losing my project files in the process, or not being able to use them again.
reinstalling, or doing a repair install on archiCAD shouldn't affect your documentation files at all - as long as they're not saved in the archiCAD directory! you could make a backup of the directory before you begin?

somebody with a PC could probably help you more . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
Caliban wrote:
Ouch, man!

W98?!??! STILL?????

Please do yourself a favour! Get W2000 at least! No wonder you are scared!

Project files are best organized in folders; maybe like this:

Main folder:
Project name

Subfolders:
PLN - for you PLN file(s)
LBK (in your case, LAY - for PlotMaker layouts; you also need PMK folder for PMKs)
Projectname.lib - project specific library
Modules
DWG In (if you have some XRefs)
DWG Out (if you are saving to DWGF too)
PDF (for your PDF files)
Textures
Images
VRs
Animations
Art•Lantis (if you are using it)

The above is just a rough outline, of course ...

The project files DO NOT reside in ArchiCAD folder, or Desktop! And they are regularly backed up, right?

Your problems can VERY probably stem from using W98!!! If you are the one who decides what the computer runs on, go for XP and forget the W9x family. Even M$ stopped supporting it!!!!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen