Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Object Floor Plan Display

Llian
Advocate
I got the wall but I don't seem to be able to get the door above to shown on the current floor.

Like the walls, I want the doors associated with the walls from the above floor to be shown on the current floor.

This is driving me nuts!
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
4 REPLIES 4
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Lilian, you can do this with Trace. You can set up the Trace with any colour or with original colour. Unless I am misunderstanding what you want.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Gerald....I don't want to draw twice using the trace. I am quite sure it got to do with the floor plan display setting for the door / window to show in floor above or below .... Maybe the visibility is only for walls!....
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Trace is not only to enable you to trace and draw over things. You can also show or print the whatever you are showing as a trace in your plans. As far as I know there is no way to have only windows and doors showing without the enclosing walls so it might no do what you want it to do.

In the Trace Palette you can select which items you would like to show on the Trace drawing. See attached image.
Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 11.07.35 AM.png
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Llian
Advocate
WOW.....thanks Gerald...I knew AC is intelligent above all others and it is me that need to catch up with all the zillion s
zmart ztuff.
Lilian Seow