Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Objects viewer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know about a program/software to view the gdl libraries without loading all of them to Archicad?

So after that I only load that particular object that Im looking?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
No but it would be nice. There used to be a Cumulus (digital asset manager) plug-in for that purpose but it only worked with previews and is long since gone.

What is really needed is improved library management and browsing within the program.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Within the program will make me load all of my libraries.

But yes it would be nice havng a software to view all the libraries and then only loading individual objects!

Thanks for the reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
wait a minute I did come across a software called "GDL browser" or something like that. I'd used it to sort out my libraries once.
it was stand alone too.
No Wait it was called GDL Explorer.
downloaded it from somewhere.
of course you'd have to rememeber all the object names before placing them in a folder that you ccan load as a library.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh Damn I looked it up
GDL Explorer IS from GRAPHISOFT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Im going to look for it to!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ruben wrote:
Does anyone know about a program/software to view the gdl libraries without loading all of them to Archicad?

So after that I only load that particular object that Im looking?
Ruben:

You can look at library parts that are not currently loaded. There is a popup list at the top of the object/door/window dialog box that lets you look at and load objects that are not in the loaded libraries. When I find the part I want, I typically move it to a loaded library (normally the project library) and reload, although it is not necessary.

HTH

David
LoadPart.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
true, but GDL explorer lets you look & manipulate the library part before you load it. If you have lots of GDL objects you can't remember all of them by name right?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ashy wrote:
true, but GDL explorer lets you look & manipulate the library part before you load it.
Ashy Dave:

Actually, this method lets you see and manipulate the part, changing various parameters, in the Object Dialog box just as if it is in a loaded library. It is then placed in the "Other Objects" folder in the Library Manager.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Ashy wrote:
true, but GDL explorer lets you look & manipulate the library part before you load it.
Ashy Dave:

Actually, this method lets you see and manipulate the part, changing various parameters, in the Object Dialog box just as if it is in a loaded library. It is then placed in the "Other Objects" folder in the Library Manager.

David
Hi David, Any chance that you would know why I should get a "master.gdl missing" error when I try to open directories other than the AC default library. Obviously the master.gdl file is missing since it's a different folder altogather but I have a lot of objects that I have downloaded from the internet in a different folder & do not wish to load them by default. Everytime I try to open these folders I get the error. Is there any work around to this?
ta,
ashy