Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Organizing Line types?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got lots of 'foreign' lines types from an imported survey, now my line types are at the end of long list of choices.

any way to order line types ?

Thanks,
Cedric
Greenwich, CT
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Linetypes are listed by their category (Solid/Dashed/Symbol) and then alphabetically. There is no way to sort them otherwise. I would just remove them using the Attribute Manager.

A more pressing issue is how they got there in the first place. When importing DWG/DXF's from an external source, I would strongly recommend XREF Management or drag'n'drop which in AC10 brings it in as a Drawing (tool). Using these methods correctly (and that includes no keeping XREF attributes or exploding your drawings), you will eliminate the appearance of foreign linetypes - and all other attributes for that matter.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Link" wrote:
Linetypes are listed by their category (Solid/Dashed/Symbol) and then alphabetically. There is no way to sort them otherwise. I would just remove them using the Attribute Manager.

Actually, they are not alphabetical. I've got the following, for example:

Flashing
Dense Dotted
Dashed

This is a mystery to me. For years I've tried to rename, put a dot in front of, or otherwise sort my line types, but to no avail. Perhaps I'm missing something. I'd love to know...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sorry for the incorrect information. It should read:

Linetypes are listed by their category (Solid/Dashed/Symbol) and then by Attribute ID.

They could be re-orderd in the Attribute Manager, but there's no ay I'd recommend it. It'd play havoc with everything in the entire file!

Cheers,
Link.