Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PC multiple views at once?

Gus
Newcomer
I have three monitors and I might get four.
It would make a lot of sense if I could set up my Work Environment like this:

Monitor One: Tools
Monitor Two: Floor Plan
Monitor Three: Section
Monitor Four: 3D View

I am using a PC.
Is this possible?

-Gus
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You can put what you like where you like but you must remember that only one view will be active at a time.
You might be able to see the plan, section and 3D on 3 different monitors but only the one you are working in will update.
If you are working on the plan then you have to move your mouse onto the section or 3D and click to activate it so it will also update.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Gus
Newcomer
It seems that different "windows" have to be inside the main window though. I can't figure out how to get windows to "pop out" of the main window so that I can size them to specific screens. I know this can be done on a Mac, but on a PC I have not figured out how to do it or if can even be done.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
Anonymous
Not applicable
This topic is part of the reason why I hope Graphisoft addresses multiple-large-monitor UI problems in Archicad.

Only pallets and toolbars can pop out of the main window. The other windows are confined in the main window. But you can stretch that main window out over one, two, or all three of your monitors.

I've spent months trying to work this out, and I find that I keep the main window on the center monitor, the pallets and tool bars that would normally be left and right of my UI, I place them on the left montior outside of the main window and then I use my right monitor to hold photos, pdfs, texts, email, whatever. This is with the way AC currently works. I would prefer an active plan, 3d, and section/elevation monitors but I found there is little benefit in keeping them viewable at the same time since they don't update automatically. YMMV