Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PDF Below Geometry Won't Plot

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a PDF of my site placed below my building geometry, but when I print or plot it, it won't print the PDF at all -- just the geometry. Why?
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
2 things come to mind:
1. Are your pdfs without another drawing over it printing ok? There were some problems with this earlier.

2. What is the backgroung of your "building geometry" drawing set to? Could it be blocking anything behind it?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have encountered a similar problem. A large (6 mb) scanned PDF image of an existing structural drawing inserted under a Placed External DWG for coordination is not visible when printed or published as a PDF. I can't imagine this is a feature. I've searched about to see if I can find a toggle... unsuccessfully. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

Update - Feb. 6 '07
I went through each step to recreate this condition to see where it broke. The PDFs, (and this was true for a test JPG, and smaller file versions), did not print after they were rotated 90 deg. CCW. Subsequently, I did the rotation in Photoshop and got on with the job. But, this is a bit qwerky.

Hope this saves someone else the hours it took to figure it out.

Doug