Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PLN and PMK exchange betw. AC9 and AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have trouble generally with marker and title from AC9.

How can I import Titles from AC9 and how can I make my own titles for layouts with AC10?
37 REPLIES 37
kevin b
Contributor
But you can't get there via the Load Other Drawing Titles browser. I tried reloading the Object Library 10 via the Library Mangaer but that did no good. Common sense tells you that if they are in the library and the library is loaded you should be able to see them but you can't. This was the only workaround I could think of to get at them. And obviously they are loaded and recognized because they remain usable even once the folder you extract to is deleted. It just appears you need to give the old girl a kick if you merge in a PM9 layout book.

I'm gonna try converting another file and see again if there is something I missed.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Thomas Holm
Booster
OK. Another way could be to use the Organizer to open a project (with a second instance of Archicad) where you know they're available and just transfer them that way (copy).
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
kevin b
Contributor
Well now I can't make it recreate the problem at all, they always show up, unless I unload the library so they appear to be acting as they should. So I am totally at a loss, hopefully someone else can report an easier/quicker workaround. Will keep an eye on the other new installations around the office to see if it creeps up again.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
Didn't know you could open a second instance using Organizer I usually just use QuickSilver but ...
while I can't recreate the original problem to test it, I did try it out using new titles I made but which weren't loaded in one file and pasting in from a file where they are loaded results in a missing library part message as you would expect. Now maybe it might work as a kick start because we know that the parts are loaded, just not visible.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Thomas Holm
Booster
The Organizer in 10 is very powerful. Just wish that loaded modules, and xrefed and nested dwgs would show up in the Navigator too, not just in the External content dialogs...
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ahh! I just turned Veteran! I'd like to celebrate that with my favorite wish:
A HIERARCHICAL LAYER MANAGER! INCORPORATED IN THE NAVIGATOR!
I HATE being forced to wade through sh*tloads of layers just because I xrefed in a couple of consultant's drawings. PLEASE take a look at Microstation!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Ahh! I just turned Veteran! I'd like to celebrate that with my favorite wish:
A HIERARCHICAL LAYER MANAGER! INCORPORATED IN THE NAVIGATOR!
I HATE being forced to wade through sh*tloads of layers just because I xrefed in a couple of consultant's drawings. PLEASE take a look at Microstation!
For example the layer group from Photoshop CS is very useful (and with color).
Very often I have over 80 layers. Grouping is nice idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanx for your help. I got the title types. I realized that i was still in the AC9 menus and all that so i set them to default and got everything i needed. I Appreciate it.