Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Parametric design.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey every one.

I wonder that it's possible to do parametric design with archicad? And where can i find tutorials?

Here is an example i found.
www.egodesign.ca/_files/articles/blocks/2926_toronto_tower_rojkind.jpg

Thank you for helping
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
THAT IS NOT AN EXAMPLE OF PARAMETRIC DESIGN.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
THAT IS NOT AN EXAMPLE OF PARAMETRIC DESIGN.
Maybe with A LOT of parameters.

BTW I'm pretty sure that building is by Michel Rojkind who uses ArchiCAD as the primary design tool. I don't remember how much of it was done in AC though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
From the Apple website :

Michel Rojkind:

I normally work on the base part of the project with CAD software called ArchiCAD, which was designed for Mac. We use ArchiCAD to design the project, then send stuff to MaxonForm, which is a Cinema 4D program designed for ArchiCAD, so you can go back and forth between them.

We’re also doing stuff with Maya that we export into Cinema 4D, and then finally put the whole project together in ArchiCAD. We’re rendering a lot with Artlantis Studio, and we’ve also been trying out Maxwell. We do a lot of Flash for presentations as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
homayon wrote:
Hey every one.

I wonder that it's possible to do parametric design with archicad? And where can i find tutorials?

Here is an example i found.
www.egodesign.ca/_files/articles/blocks/2926_toronto_tower_rojkind.jpg

Thank you for helping

Ok - 'parametric' is a very broad term - but I assume you mean 'generative design' (which is parametric in nature). The building skin may have been created this way but if so that is not Archicad territory - unlike tools like grasshopper
Having said that you could model that many many different ways, including in AC if you wanted to - but you might be bald at the end of it.
You would be better off modeling the skin outside of AC and then bringing it in. Ironically you might use some sort of parametric tools to create it (parametric form/history-wise from that 3d software's point of view) but when it arrives in AC it will be 'dumb' (from AC's 'parametric' modeling point of view ) ... so yes, parametric is a broad term.