Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Patch loses selection dots

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes I use a patch from a floor plan or roof plan to overlay electrical or roof framing information. Today I made a patch, turned off the "opaque background" setting and changed its color to light grey as I usually do. When I placed it on the Floor Plan screen, I could not find its corner selection dots to move it. I tried every adjustment on the object panel. I even restarted the computer. I eventually made another patch from the roof plan, and it had all five dots and worked fine. Then by accident I found a single selection dot below the middle of the orginal patch in a completely arbitrary location, so I was able to delete it. Why would a patch shed the corner selection dots? Is there any way to restore the dots after they disappear?
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Bob:

You can open the patch the same way you open any library part. Go to the 2D Symbol window, which will show your patch as lines and fills. If there are no Hotspots, then ArchiCAD will add 5 Hotspots (one at each corner and one in the center). If there is one Hotspot, then that is the only one that will show, even if it is far from the fills and lines of the patch. So you should place Hotspots where you want them, and deleted the ones that are outside the patch area, then save the part.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, thanks very much for your quick response. Your suggestion works just the way you said it would. Patches I made in earlier versions of AC didn't shed the selection dots even when I set the patch to transparent. AC12's behavior includes a lot of mysteries, and, to me, this is just one of them.