Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen color for white background

jbArch
Newcomer
I've been using a black background in AC forever... it is just habit at this point. But I'm thinking of switching to a white/off-white screen to get more out of the program (also, in AC10 I can't see the darn text cursor against the black background).

But I'm finding that most colors really pop out more against black, at least when it is just a skinny line. Maybe it is just something I have to get used to.

But still I'm wondering if anyone could share their preferred pen colors for white screens??? It seems like the trick is to use full saturation and brightness, but perhaps some hues are better than others? Just don't want to reinvent the wheel here.

FWIW, I generally only use on-screen pen colors to signify particular line weights. There are some unique pens I'll use for a specific function, but for the most part I keep it simple.

Thanks,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi JB,
Fortunately, (or unfortunately) you can do what you want. If you have to send backgrounds to consultatants on Autocad, you can either either arrange you pen set from lightest to heaviest in Autocad fashion, or you can build a good translator to do that for you. If you are already used to a set of colors, I might recommend sticking to them, but changing their saturation so you can see them better. I usually swap the yellow for orange in the traditional NCS color system, and I darken up the cyan a bit. Glad you are switching over to the "white" side!!