Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Perspective

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody, when i go to the 3d view the default view is on axonometric view is there any way to work on perspective? I've try going to Motio Mode and click on the View Setting and change it to perspective but its very hard to orbit, its not as easy as axon mode, does anybody know what to do?
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
eag58 wrote:
Hello everybody, when i go to the 3d view the default view is on axonometric view is there any way to work on perspective? I've try going to Motio Mode and click on the View Setting and change it to perspective but its very hard to orbit, its not as easy as axon mode, does anybody know what to do?
it's like driving a car - you need lessons for 10 weeks and then you can apply for a permit!

i'm sorry i can't give you screenshots, but i will describe what i do just to get the hang of orbiting in perspective. instead of actually walking around in the space, i set the target viewpoint and orbit around that. from memory: set the last of the four edit/motion mode buttons in the 3D palette, and the second of the camera/target lock buttons. next, use the 'look to' button to point the camera where you want and then use the mouse to orbit around that spot from there.

remember: the closer you are to the square in the middle of the window, the slower you move: farther away = faster. additionally, holding the shift key down toggles between simply orbiting and moving in and out/up and down.

once you've got the hang of that, (and each project is naturally different to get the hang of depending on size, etc.), swicth back to camera lock from target lock and start to walk around.

use the help menu and search "3D motion mode" or something. as i recall, it's written about quite well these days . . .

now: can you give me lesson for motion in parellel projections? i always get myself right upside down.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've try going to Motio Mode and click on the View Setting and change it to perspective but its very hard to orbit, its not as easy as axon mode, does anybody know what to do?

Do the rough settings under the "Image menu/3D Projection Settings" 1st. What you see in the 3D perspective settings' preview window is the zoomed in area of your floor plan.
Click-press to move the focal point (circle) and the camera body (intersection of the "fat" V) with your mouse + make sure that the camera's and the focal point's z-value are in "normal" range (check pict).
If the camera is out of range in preview window - ALT/SHIFT-click in preview to place it there. ALT-click to get the focal point in view.
Then it should be much easier to fine tune your perspective with the help of the 3D perspective pallette buttons...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
now: can you give me lesson for motion in parellel projections? i always get myself right upside down.
Since the old gang is back I thought I'd pitch in before I left for the day!

So, assuming you're serious, it seems that you have your motion mode set to Display Axes instead of Model Axes, which of course we all know is a big no-no! (For a real kick, try holding down shift and turning while in Display Axes mode).

Do the 1-2-3 shuffle to correct it...

My turn for a question! Has anyone found a way of toggling between Edit Mode and Turn mode, using the keyboard?

Cheers,
Link.
1-2-3-Shuffle.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
Link wrote:
My turn for a question! Has anyone found a way of toggling between Edit Mode and Turn mode, using the keyboard?
Not I -- I hope someone else knows a way. I've wished for this for so long I've stopped hoping.

Closest I know is to stay in edit mode and drag the camera around in Nav Preview, which only gives rotate for axo views, but is useful while editing. In perspective mode, Nav Preview has more flexibility, if you flip from top to side view ... but with all that clicking, I end up finding it easier to just change out of edit mode and navigate with the 3d palette.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:

Link, Haven't found a way either.. I would close that pallette most of the time... 3d Navigation very weak in AC..

Please make a wish.. even if Karl is tired.. If you don't I will. Still trying to get used to how such simple but critical wishes fall on deaf ears at GS.
Dwight
Newcomer
navigating while in edit mode, altho limited to coarse camera tilt and rotate, is done with the arrow keys.

it helps.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Rashid wrote:
Link wrote:
Please make a wish.. even if Karl is tired.. If you don't I will. Still trying to get used to how such simple but critical wishes fall on deaf ears at GS.
OK guys. Nobody else made the wish, so I just did ... please go vote at:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=25650#25650

Thanks!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB