Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Planning

Rakela Raul
Participant
I have been using the zone tool to do sq footage calculations; stretching back and forth many times (uff) till i get to the desired area.
Is there any other tool more suitable x this task?? is there any other software that can do this?? add on??
I wish i could do this:
activate the zone (any shape) then click on the sides that i want to be fixed (dont move) and then type the area (sq footage) i want to get; then the activated zone will stretch/adjust to the side it wasnt fixed..simple.....maybe Fabrizio has an ArchiArea that i dont know of..thx
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope that I'm understanding your issue...

We use the fill tool for square footages and it works seamlessly. To turn on the square footage text you simply go into the "fill default settings" and click on the box "Show area text." Does that help?

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx for responding, this is what i meant:
if you are subdividing a piece of land, you will have a few pieces and you might want to divide pieces of 1.56 acres to put a number, and with different shapes,,,so , to get every lot to fit 1.56 acres i have to keep stretching the fill tool or the zone tool (which i like cuz you can put more info like perimeter,,very important),,the stretching back and forth is a guessing till you get the rt area......i would like to use the same tool but just type-in the square footage i need (1.56) and the zone tool to stretch by itself giving me that sf...furthermore, i wd like to be able to fix the sides of the zone that i dont want to stretch, and also fix the endpoints of the zones so the zone can stretch at certain angle as well....if you are a programmer or gdl fanatic please contact me in private.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Attached is an object I found on the web about 4 years ago. It will allow you to place a block of a set area with a set dimension on one side. I think it can also constrain the dimension of one side and report back the area as you stretch it.

It might require some work as I seem to recall that it only offered feedback in feet (not metric), or was it the other way round.

Anyway, give it a try, it will be better than massaging zones or fills. (rectangles only). Cheers to whoever cretaed it and offered it up on the web. originally.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Rakela Raul
Participant
aaron, thx for trying and sharing.
i just tried it out, i wish i knew gdl to tweak it a little bit.....needs to be free form and you need to be able to set free the side or sides u want the area to stretch to, and be able to set fixed the perimeter endpoints....and something that this gsm already has, type the reqd area....i owe u anyway.....i cannot believe people dont need a tool like this one...thx again
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
http://www.cadimage.co.nz/nzarchicad.asp?link=nzarchicad

maybe
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD