Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Printing in Archicad 10

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Now that plotmaker is no more, is it possible to print/plot without the key? Currently (in 9) we use one computer to print, with no need for a key.

Thanks,
Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, but you can't. AC 10 will start in demo mode without the key and demo mode doesn't allow printing or saving.

A possible workaround for you is to publish pdfs. Then anyone can print the pdfs as needed. We always publish pdfs anyway and have for many years. We found that this was an added benefit.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Thanks, Eric. When we get up and running with 10, we'll try it.
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
My version of 10 lets me print from demo mode
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Eric wrote:
Sorry, but you can't. AC 10 will start in demo mode without the key and demo mode doesn't allow printing or saving.
I can print & plot in demo mode. The splash screen says only the Save, Copy and Teamwork functions are disabled.

HTH

David
DemoSplash.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, my bad. I could have sworn that printing was disabled, too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eric wrote:
OK, my bad. I could have sworn that printing was disabled, too.
Wow! This is great news. Don't feel bad Eric, I didn't know this either. I am sure that printing used to be disabled in demo mode back in the early days.

I know a lot of principles who are going to love this feature. It provides a way for them to open a file, try some stuff, and print comments/revisions for proper input by the qualified staff without any risk of messing things up. This is a big feature enhancement. Even better than the old days when the demo could save renderings and animations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Must be a new feature to AC10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thompson, wrote:
Must be a new feature to AC10.
This is definitely a big feature upgrade. I just realized the reason must be now that PM is no more they didn't want to force us to use a hardware key just to print a set of drawings.

Now I see why Eric and I hadn't noticed this before.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I just tried it, and it's true! Printing in demo mode.