Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project Notes on Startup

Bruce
Advisor
One of the guys here at work has come up with a decent suggestion, but one I don't know how to do:

Is there a way to get the Project Notes (File > Info > Project Notes) to open on file startup? His thinking is that this would be a great way to communicate those essential file-specific things and/or trikcy things that have been done to get the model to work.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
What happens if you have it open when you save and close the project?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Bruce
Advisor
You can't save while Project Notes window has the focus - you can close but the window will close too.

Anyway, this still wouldn't be suitable as (I'm sure you know) people almost have to be hit over the head sometimes to remember to do something

Good suggestion though
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Thomas Holm
Booster
Bruce wrote:
have to be hit over the head sometimes to remember
I tend to forget more when someone hits me over the head... maybe that's what happened now?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
__archiben
Booster
Bruce wrote:
Is there a way to get the Project Notes (File > Info > Project Notes) to open on file startup? His thinking is that this would be a great way to communicate those essential file-specific things and/or trikcy things that have been done to get the model to work.
good idea! that sounds like it should be a very, very simple add-on for someone . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
JaredBanks
Mentor
You could use an independent worksheet to list notes instead of the project notes. As long as the worksheet is open and active when you save, it'll open next time. And presuming you end the day with updating this worksheet, it'll be the last and first thing you see. And what's also nice is that as a saved view, it can appear at the top of the navigator as a reminder that it exists.

In our standard template I've got a worksheet like that for line weights, layer info, and other standards. Of course getting people to check it when they can't remember what pen to use is another story.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
John Dunham
Participant
JaredBanks wrote:
You could use an independent worksheet to list notes instead of the project notes. ... In our standard template I've got a worksheet like that for line weights, layer info, and other standards. Of course getting people to check it when they can't remember what pen to use is another story.
Jared I think this is a brilliant idea! I've never used Worksheets before so I just read about them and they open up a lot of possibilities. I really like the idea of using it as a repository for office standards that is easily accessible within the drawing! Now I just have to figure out how to organize the info...
John

OS X 10.15.7