Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Really basic stairwell absolutely refuses to make right angle

cetempleton
Participant

Stairs tool won't under any circumstances let me make a third right angle here. I've changed the settings in every way I can think of with no change.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 232110.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

Hi cetempleton,

Just to note, you may want to only set the bottom and top linked story, width, and the rise and run to get a good result. I ran a stair with your overall measures at 5' wide and approximate 38' total rise in my test building (vs your approx 40'), using 7" max rise and 10" max run treads. I used your max footprint (see as trace in snip) and started at the bottom and went up.  Came up with just over 45 treads with an included intermediate landing as Barry suggested.  Seemed to work fine without overlap, so you may want to adjust your parameters and hopefully it will work out better.

If it helps, it took me some time with the stair tool back in 2021 to get predictable results.  So much so, for exit stairs, I keep a Favorite of a basic footprint graphic, a stair design with settings, and one of the railing design with settings.

38' Wrap Egress Stair.png

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Marc H
Advisor

Looks like your last landing snap is too short to make the 90d turn work.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Barry Kelly

It looks like you have locked your stair at 75 risers which means the end will overlap with the start, which Archicad will not allow.

If you can do the other 90° corners, there is no problem with your settings, it is just one stair can not overlap with itself.

You would have to break up that stair into 2 or more parts.

Also check regulations as you probably need a landing in the long flight on the right.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

Hi cetempleton,

Just to note, you may want to only set the bottom and top linked story, width, and the rise and run to get a good result. I ran a stair with your overall measures at 5' wide and approximate 38' total rise in my test building (vs your approx 40'), using 7" max rise and 10" max run treads. I used your max footprint (see as trace in snip) and started at the bottom and went up.  Came up with just over 45 treads with an included intermediate landing as Barry suggested.  Seemed to work fine without overlap, so you may want to adjust your parameters and hopefully it will work out better.

If it helps, it took me some time with the stair tool back in 2021 to get predictable results.  So much so, for exit stairs, I keep a Favorite of a basic footprint graphic, a stair design with settings, and one of the railing design with settings.

38' Wrap Egress Stair.png