Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Recognition

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since switching to Archicad this year, I have found the Archicad-Talk forum very helpful, and I am very heartened by the contribution of veteran users who give of their time and experience to help answer questions. This is a significant asset to using Archicad, and it would be very good if Graphisoft could annually recognize those veteran users who make this forum the valuable resource it has become.
5 REPLIES 5
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I'll second that !!
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
May be one way of doing this is for the Archicad Community to nominate the veteran user they feel has help the most based on their contribution to the forum. However, an effort of this kind can only work if Graphisoft can lead the way and the rest of the community can do its part. If anyone else has an idea, please chime in. Thanks.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Cheikh,

I could not agree more. The contribution of veterans over the years has been indispensable to so many of us when it comes to learning ArchiCAD (I happen to be writing a blog post about how to learn ArchiCAD right now and your thread is very timely!).

Back in 2012 I wrote about my personal ArchiCAD heroes, and it was awesome to see all the comments from other users sharing which users were inspiring to them. You can check out that post and the comments here: (http://www.shoegnome.com/2012/08/06/archicad-heroesv1/)

It was particularly cool to see the responses from those greats, as they often talked about the users who inspired them.

As for official recognition, that'd be cool too. But so you know, it has been happening for years behind the scenes in a variety of ways. Often big helpers here get connected deeper and deeper into GS in a variety of ways (I met a lot of the big commenters in Budapest at the KCC this year). And some of the veterans from years ago have since gone on to work at Graphisoft.

Over the past year, has there been two or three users that you are particularly grateful for? As someone who does what he can to help the community, getting a thanks from GS is nice, but hearing directly from other users is the best.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jared,

Thanks for directing me to your 2012 post. I had not seen it. While you highlighted your Archicad Heroes, you have become one to many today, and you are way too modest; your tireless contribution to the Archicad Community is immense, and without it and that of seasoned users who are regulars on the forum, I certainly would not have reached the level of proficiency I now have, only a few months of using Archicad.

So, I am especially appreciative of veterans users, such as yourself, who routinely to take time out to help new and old users become better at the tool. That is a big part of what makes Archicad work, and it should not be taken for granted. So THANK YOU and to all of those who have become pillars of the forum and enablers of Archicad know-how. BIM on!
JaredBanks
Mentor
Thanks. Didn't mean to fish for compliments. Thrilled to be one of those veterans who've inspired you.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome