Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rectangular Cut Roof Eave

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just want all my roofs to have a rectangular cut eave. I see the option in the roof wizard but I do not want to deal with creating rafters also. How do I do this?
13 REPLIES 13
Gable end continued...

The result is shown in image rake2.jpg. I left the other side undone for comparison.

HTH,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Chris wrote:
I agree that this tool needs attention! I understand Jamesm suggestion but, how would you handle the situation when you get to the gable end and the fascia is more like 8" instead of 12"?? This has bothered us for a long time.

Chris
An improved roof tool has been on my wish list for some time. We need to be able to show fascias, drip edges, soffits, gable ends-easily and quickly. This would be a huge improvement IMHO. Maybe in version 9?

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Stephen wrote:
An improved roof tool has been on my wish list for some time. We need to be able to show fascias, drip edges, soffits, gable ends-easily and quickly. This would be a huge improvement IMHO. Steve
Also at the top of my Absolutely Need List.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
HEY THANKS FOR THE "FAST CORNICE" RECOMMENDATION. I LOVE IT WHEN THE REPLY TO MY POST SUGGESTS SPENDING MORE MONEY ON OBJECTS!

I DOUBT MY CLIENTS WOULD GO FOR IT BUT JUST AS GRAPHIC ARTISTS BILL AS A REIMBURSMENT FOR STOCK PHOTOS THEY HAVE TO BUY FOR THE PROJECT......