Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reducing File Sizes in Archicad

griggadee
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know how to reduce the size of Archicad files? For each new project I undertake, I typically copy and paste my file from a previous project, and then delete the 3d model and drawing sheets, and then start building a new 3d model in that file. This allows me to use all of the previous line types, and surfaces etc. that I am used to using. I know that I could spend the time to create a drawing template that I could use for all new projects, but I just don't seem to find the time to do this! Unfortunately, my file sizes are now hovering around 500mb!! Ouch! Is there any way to pge the cache or unused layers / info from files?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
11 REPLIES 11
griggadee
Contributor

Top stuff, Lee, that's really helpful! I will make the time to do that this week, as my current approach is not viable from a storage point of view. Really appreciate the guidance. Thanks

Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
Lingwisyer
Guru

The one annoying thing about starting a new template is recreating all of your sheets... Zzz...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660