Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Refrences for drawing lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am new with Archicad! Before I always used Revit, but I want to learn Archicad.
Only I have a problem with measurements. For example I want to draw a floor where the points are always 750mm from some walls, I can only acomplish this with a lot of steps. But I think it should be easy.
The problem is the distance is always measured from the previous point, but is it possible to measure from a reference point?
So see image for a more clear explanation.

Now I get it only done by drawing the floor line on the wall and when it is finished I move all the points 750 from the wall.

Greetings,
Bram

Attachment is not working so here a link to the image:
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
Have a watch of this tutorial by Eric Bobrow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX9NIFd93W8
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can set a start point relative to a known point by doing the following:

Hover cursor over a known node or edge
Type "X (distance) +" then hit Enter (excluding quotes)
This will move your cursor your distance to the right of the original start point.

"X (distance) -" Enter will move to the left
"Y (distance) +" Enter will move Up
"Y (distance) -" Enter will move down.

In your case hover over the corner of the existing wall and type in "Y 750 + Enter"

You can do this before starting to place a wall, for example, or draw a line, or you can use it to move an existing element to a point relative to something else.

(this sounds complicated but it is not, and you will get the hang of it very quickly)
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
Have a watch of this tutorial by Eric Bobrow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX9NIFd93W8
Thanks this video was really usefull! I need to use the + and - for the distances to do the trick
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
You can set a start point relative to a known point by doing the following:

Hover cursor over a known node or edge
Type "X (distance) +" then hit Enter (excluding quotes)
This will move your cursor your distance to the right of the original start point.

"X (distance) -" Enter will move to the left
"Y (distance) +" Enter will move Up
"Y (distance) -" Enter will move down.

In your case hover over the corner of the existing wall and type in "Y 750 + Enter"

You can do this before starting to place a wall, for example, or draw a line, or you can use it to move an existing element to a point relative to something else.

(this sounds complicated but it is not, and you will get the hang of it very quickly)
Thanks for your explanation! The + and - sign where the ones I did not know about, and it makes drawing much easier