BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Renovation filters behave strange

kosta
Booster

Hi.

All is good except new elements are displaying walls while I have only doors to be demolished, I don't want that opening to be filled with wall after door is taken out of wall, it should left the passage in idea.

renovation.jpg

First is existing plan and is ok 

Second is door which is to be demolished and is ok

Third is after demolition and is ok

But fourth one is not ok , why it behaves like that ? Thanks for help !  

10 REPLIES 10

Walls that touch the reference line of another wall will always react with each other (except as I explain later).

So even thou you place a large opening, there is still a wall there as far as Archicad is concerned.

When you place the smaller wills inside the opening, they are interacting with the wall where the opening is.

If adjusting the junction order works, then that is great - that affects how the wall trim with each other.

The other thing you might try is layer intersection priority number.

You will have to place the smaller (gypsum)  walls in a different layer to the main wall.

Then in the layer settings, make sure the layer with the gypsum walls has a different intersection priority number to the layer for the main wall.

If these 2 numbers are different, the walls will not automatically trim with each other.

Just remember to set the IP numbers in the layer combinations you use as well.

They can be the same/different in each layer combination depending if you want then to interact or not.

Maybe you don't in a plan layer combination, but you do in an elevation combination.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!