Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Resetting Perspective viewpoint

Anonymous
Not applicable
After using Roofmaker, I appear to have been shot out into space as far as any perspective view is concerned. I don't know that Roofmaker is the problem but I would like to find out if there is a way to reset my camera and viewpoints so I can get back down to earth instead of attempting to view my perspective from Pluto!

Gary Bley
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gary

I have found the same problem you have. And I thought that I had done something wrong.

Terry Constable
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Gary and Terry:

I think your problem is addressed here: perspective view bug?

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David.......Sir David....No.............Saint David! I fell to my knees, let out a righteous wail and..............Wait.....How about just Thank You. It worked.

Gary Bley
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David, that helped me out so much. Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

I have the same problem with the perspective view again. I have reset the roll angle and still get no house in my view. Any ideas on how to fix this prob would be great to hear. I have enclosed a picture of the screen shot. I hope the picture is clear enough for you to see what I am talking about.

Terry C
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Terry wrote:
I have the same problem with the perspective view again. I have reset the roll angle and still get no house in my view. Any ideas on how to fix this prob would be great to hear. I have enclosed a picture of the screen shot. I hope the picture is clear enough for you to see what I am talking about.
Terry:

The screen shot doesn't show the dialog box too clearly (a screen shot of just the dialog box would be better), but it looks like only one edge of the camera view cone is in the plan preview. Try resetting the camera and target as described before.

Another tip: use the Camera Tool to place a camera in the plan with settings that show the house. Select this camera and when you change to the 3D Window, this is the view you will get. Even better: link this camera to a View that has a Layer Combination and the settings of the 3D Window Settings, etc. and you will get a highly defined view of the model by double clicking on this view.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
right click and choose " 3D view all"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

I'm still having this problem with the camera view, it appears that my camera is face down hill to my feet. I have reset the roll angle and show from side view and all advise given to me and still no luck. In the screen shot you can see that the camera is facing downward and it needs to be turned 90 degree, any more ideas would be so helpful as I have asked alot of people and tried everything.

Terry Constable (NZ)

P.S. I hope my screen shot is better as im still learnin how to do a good shot of the screen.[/img]
Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't appear that you have a camera set at all. Your project map shows only "Generic Perspective" which is just whatever the current 3D window is set to. Try placing a camera with the camera tool in plan. Select it and got to the 3D window. This should show you the view from the selected camera. (It will also reset the current setting to this view.)