cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: AC12+ Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Does anyone think GS might include/be working towards incorporating add-ons such as MaxonForm or Objective into future releases?
I have been using AC for about 4 years now and am relatively happy with the software, I do however wish it was easier to model new objects/elements without requiring any add-ons.
Thanks.
72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe they're succesfully winning over a huge percentage of the industry in the UK using this tactic. They're marketing it in a way that allows you to migrate to BIM at your own pace.
Matthew Lohden made a comparison between the two softwares in Innsbruck (ARCHICAD Winter School). Seems that except for the 3D model where Revit is able to compete with ARCHICAD, if you use it you still need a 2D software to finish the job ! Is that real BIM ?
Chadwick
Newcomer
I adequately documented my 2D drawings in both ArchiCAD and Revit, and for the record I never had to take the model out to AutoCAD for touch-ups in either. Don't let the software limit your abilities.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would agree - we do all our 2D enhancements in ArchiCad otherwise whats the point.. my comment was about the migration process from a 2D system.. Autodesk are allowing firms to take up BIM at their own pace by offering Revit at a very reasonable price.
Anonymous
Not applicable
here are some samples of revit 2009 images slowly coming out of there closet. i hope GS is looking and listening
Anonymous
Not applicable
more
Revit 2009 img2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
more
Revit 2009 img3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
mental ray rendering
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow , with artlantis receiving a big update and revit the mental ray rendering engine, lets hope that GS are going to release more of the lightworks goodies on us in version 12.

Let look forward to 12 in May hopefully.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to have to disagree. I'm not against improving lightworks etc... but I certainly hope it isn't the focus of improvements for AC12.

Visualization tasks make up only a small portion of my overall workload and usually only to present early concept and development stages of the project.

I'd be much happier to find that future releases of AC take advantage of direction that the hardware industry is taking us - which is multi-processor computing and multi-touch sensitive interfaces.
Dwight
Newcomer
Dom wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree. I'm not against improving lightworks etc... but I certainly hope it isn't the focus of improvements for AC12.

Visualization tasks make up only a small portion of my overall workload and usually only to present early concept and development stages of the project.

I'd be much happier to find that future releases of AC take advantage of direction that the hardware industry is taking us - which is multi-processor computing and multi-touch sensitive interfaces.
I haven't see any information on Archicad 12, but I will not be betting on there being dramatic improvements to the LightWorks engine. In fact, I am reminded of a powerful quote from Eugene J McCarthy that I distort for my own nefarious purpose:

"This is, I say, the time for all good Archicad users not to stick with that loser-in-the-hands-of-Graphisoft LightWorks, but to benefit from the aid of the latest Artlantis with its improved speed and memory use, expanded features and simplified interface."
Dwight Atkinson