Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD Icons for the less discerning amongst us

henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you, like me, have trouble telling the difference between the ArchiCAD 10, 11, and 12 icons(the differences are subtle!), then you should find these handy.
Add a label showing the version number, and(for the more flamboyant types) change the colour entirely!
These will change your life(or possibly not)!

preview.jpg
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has it only been issued to Super-heroes so far?
TomWaltz
Participant
henrypootel wrote:
Karl wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
The beta12 had a nice orange icon...I was pretty disappointed when the final version came with the old one.
None of us know what the final icon for AC12 will be yet, as nobody has a copy of the final version, Mats. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
Well, most of us don't have the final version.
No, no one has the final because it's not done yet. The release candidates are still being tested and a final build has not been released.

That said, I suspect Henry may have access to newer test versions than others since (I think) he works for the best 3rd party developer of Archicad applications out there 😉
Tom Waltz
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
TomWaltz wrote:
henrypootel wrote:
Karl wrote:
None of us know what the final icon for AC12 will be yet, as nobody has a copy of the final version, Mats. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
Well, most of us don't have the final version.
No, no one has the final because it's not done yet. The release candidates are still being tested.

Release candidates are not release versions.

Well you're right...It's the release candidate I'm working on ...and not the final finale finalmente wünderbar AC12. Anyhow I liked the beta icon. I also like the 12. Apart from the obvious new stuff there are subtle things that grow upon me but I can't put my finger on them. It's like seating down in a nice car...I like the feel of it.

I will use another icon now when Henry showed to way to do it. Maybe I will endulge in some risky everyday adventure and create my own pimped icon. A swedishly coloured icon...yeah!!! Thanks Henry!

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Well you're right...It's the release candidate I'm working on ...and not the final finale finalmente wünderbar AC12. Anyhow I liked the beta icon. I also like the 12. Apart from the obvious new stuff there are subtle things that grow upon me but I can't put my finger on them. It's like seating down in a nice car...I like the feel of it.
I know where your brevlåda lives. Maybe you have forgotten your macbook with AC12 in it on your dinnertable, he he he
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now if only one could attach numbers (1,2,3...) to mutipule sesions of AC11, 12......
joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
Now if only one could attach numbers (1,2,3...) to mutipule sesions of AC11, 12......
joseph
If your on a mac, go into your applications, find archicad and make a duplicate. The title will be (Archicad Copy) Change the title to whatever. Then change the icon to a separate color. Drag the new one over to your dock. Your welcome. Color and title designation. Yes, they will open as new instances.
David Shorter
Advisor
Actually you don't need to. Just create an alias and drag that into the dock. you can name this anyway you like.
Don't forget that on the Mac you can now run many sessions and each new session adds another icon into the dock.
No need to duplicate the app
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Actually you don't need to. Just create an alias and drag that into the dock. you can name this anyway you like.
Don't forget that on the Mac you can now run many sessions and each new session adds another icon into the dock.
No need to duplicate the app
Correct, But I like to use the command+tab command to switch between programs. If I duplicate it then I can have two colors of the same version. That way when I command+tab I can see which is which.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Jacob wrote:
But I like to use the command+tab command to switch between programs. If I duplicate it then I can have two colors of the same version. That way when I command+tab I can see which is which.
Has anyone found a Mac OSX utility that will show you the actual file name associated with the app that's running when you command+tab? This is what I really want.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
Jacob wrote:
But I like to use the command+tab command to switch between programs. If I duplicate it then I can have two colors of the same version. That way when I command+tab I can see which is which.
Has anyone found a Mac OSX utility that will show you the actual file name associated with the app that's running when you command+tab? This is what I really want.
Exactly what I am after..