Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ELEVATIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i generate an elevation that i can draw on. The line tools are grayed out when i create a view.?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Einer wrote:
How do i generate an elevation that i can draw on. The line tools are grayed out when i create a view.?
not being funny.. but you should read the manual
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Use the "Elevation Tool". Then you can draw lines.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Dwight
Newcomer
New users are advised that Archicad has several modes of viewing the model. It is complex and deserving of study. Hence: RTFM.

Analytical views, where we create technical drawings, are derived through the floor plan and Section /Elevation Views created with a floor plan placed Section or Elevation [see Tools Palette]. These views can automatically update when the model changes.

Illustrative views are created using the 3D views tool and camera tool placements. These views can be made of lines and pasted into floor plan views or worksheet, detail and other drawing views for notes and other additions. Once pasted, these are not linked to the model.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using Archicad for 18 yrs. Just upgraded from 8 to 11. Maybe I just had a stroke: but when I generate an elevation from the view menu or save the elevation as a view the dimension tools and the drawing tools are grayed out. I have done this so many times maybe the process is so automatic that when i think about it I go brain dead and miss the obvious
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like you are in the layout book. You need to go back to the Project Map or View Map and embellish your elevations there.

Cheers,
Link.