cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Fascia clean up

Anonymous
Not applicable
i noticed that when I'm using the Geometry Method: Polygonal and I've selected the Perpendicular roof edge. The fascias do not clean up. If I use the vertical edge it works fine. Is there a work around for this or am I missing something. See attachment
14 REPLIES 14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Got your mod file.
Karl's original solution resolves the problem. Move the roof hip edges away from each other and the re-adjust them to meet.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Robert,

The steps in my original suggestion work just fine as Erika says. See attached steps. Screenshots from AC 12, since that's what you're using - but the steps are the same in all versions since at least 6.5 when I first started using AC.

Cheers,
Karl

PS I've seen this kind of thing happen a lot prior to 15 when the roof pitch is changed after modeling the roofs. Any time the pitch is changed, every roof that joins another roof must be readjusted with the steps shown in the attached screenshot so that the roof planes clean up properly in sections and elevations. With 15 and above's multiplane roofs, you can change the pitch and the entire assembly adjusts itself.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Here's a section through your hip, showing what I meant in my "PS": the roof planes were not properly joined in the first place, hence the sections would all be incorrect and you got the fascia problem also.

With gable roofs, you'll see these bad 'joints' in elevation, too. Just requires deligence to keep them clean after any modifications (by the steps given in the last post)... or an upgrade to 15 or 16.

Cheers,
Karl

PS Off topic: Haven't opened 12 in a while - was really surprised how slow it is on my Mac compared to 15 and 16. GS has really done some performance tuning.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl and Erika,
I'm grateful for all your help. I'll rework the roofs as you suggested.

Thanks again.
Robert
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome; glad it helped.

Karl