cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof-issues?

Kamelite
Advocate
Hi. I seem to have some trouble With roofs. I have created a complex roof, as seen in right part of the picture. However, I want gavels, not pitched. And it works fine to convert them, all the way to the right side of the main roof. At that point, half of my roof disappears. Regardless of when its done, first or last doesn't matter. What has happened?

I also tried to create the roof the hard way, creating three separate roofs, doing some boolean magic and make them look like I wanted. But when I Applied the Roof-maker-wizard, the result is as if I didn't boolean them, but rather as they are just Three separate roofs put together? What did I do wrong ( I can post a picture if needed). And the weird thing is, that if I rendered each of the Three roofs separatly, everything looked as it should...

?? Appreciate all help!

.Thag

Windows 8, Archicad 16

roof-after1.jpg
Windows 10, Archicad 27
11 REPLIES 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Marton:

It is not hard. Draw multi-plane roof as shown, with short segment between main and secondary roof.

David
Roof_Multi-Plane_extra_node.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
David wrote:
It is not hard. Draw multi-plane roof as shown, with short segment between main and secondary roof.
Got it, thanks for both of you. I am forwarding this over to our engineering team for in-depth investigation.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!