Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rubber Band Bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been noticing a wierd glitch that creeps up in AC 8.1. All of the sudden The rubber band and selection marquee will not be visible. I am refering to all of the feedback that the cursor gives you while using tools as the rubber band. When this glitch happens I also notice a bunch of tracer like lines appear when moving around in 3D. A re-start of AC always solves it but it is still annoying. Sometimes it won't happen for days and some times it will happen a few times an hour. Anyone else notice this?
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Virtuoso
Flamer wrote:
I have been noticing a wierd glitch that creeps up in AC 8.1. All of the sudden The rubber band and selection marquee will not be visible. I am refering to all of the feedback that the cursor gives you while using tools as the rubber band. When this glitch happens I also notice a bunch of tracer like lines appear when moving around in 3D. A re-start of AC always solves it but it is still annoying. Sometimes it won't happen for days and some times it will happen a few times an hour. Anyone else notice this?
Yep, can happen when video acts up. What is your video system?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was afraid you would say that. My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro my display is a dell 20" LCD. I know the LCD couldn't have anything to do with it. The problem has been especially annoying tonight (4 times in 2 hours!) Thanks for the reply!
Djordje
Virtuoso
Flamer wrote:
I was afraid you would say that. My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro my display is a dell 20" LCD.
I am on ATI here too, although I specifically asked for nVidia (duh) ... and has some problems until now, but nothing major. It did happen sometiomes that the smart cursor goes away, or that the zone labels or other objects are replaced by doors and windows (?!?!?), but each time a regen or Rebuild & Regenerate helped.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen