Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SITE PLANS!

Anonymous
Not applicable
what method do you guys normally use for creating Site Plans?
I normally put everything related to the site on the ground floor, but then need to create a 2D version of that placed on my roof plan (which is normally my highest story)

the other option I could think of is to create a 3D axonometric top view and than saving it as 2D lines, copy and paste to my PLN in an empty story.
both methods seem far than perfect to me since they are not linked to the model any more. am I missing something very basic here?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are so many variables to your question that a specific answer may be too difficult. My version so far has been to develop a layer set that has those layers specific to the site plus a view of the floor plan that shows the exterior walls and, since I put the roof on another story (for a one story building), then in construction methods I have the roof outline as dotted on the story below. It's not always very pretty, but gets the info on the sheet.

A number of my projects are small and not very tall so the difficulty with a multi story building would create another set of conditions. It is important to me to have the plans as live as possible for as long as possible in the process to minimize any drafting fixes that crop up at the end of a job. If a "pretty" drawing is necessary, then the top view saved may be one way to get the output you need.

Lew Bishop
Sony laptop P4 2.8 768/nVid to go 5600
XP Home - AC 9
gpowless
Advocate
I have created both a layer set and a separate storey below the footing storey to keep my Site Plans. On this storey, I also place all of my 3d exterior landscape details (meshes, trees, street lights, outdoor furniture etc.).
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It depends on what your desired final result, but this can be achieved in PlotMaker. Simply create a view in the roof story that shows only the roof, make another in the site's story also with the appropriate layer combination, and maybe with the help of a hotpsot place them on top of each other. Adjust your display order to suit and without any smoke or mirrors, you've fooled just about everyone.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
all the solutions are good, but it seems there isn't a solution that is built in within AC's capabilities.

I am thinking now of placing a wish to have a tool or command similar to the section tool in principal. where as you would open up the site plan in a new window. that is really an axonometric top view, with the ability to dimension it, mark it up just like a section & elevation window. and it would also update to the model similar as the section & elevation window.

the main issue of concern would be the graphical representation of certain elements, such as trees for example, would it take the 3d form or the plan form. the same applies for slab hatches I guess.
any ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have two different files, one for the building model and one for the site plan. I can then hotlink module the building into the site and the site into the building. Just make sure that you select "skip hotlinked modules. This way you have the best of both worlds. You can see the site in your floor plan views if you wish by setting the appropriate layer combination, and you can have the roof or plan show on you site plan.