cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

STAIR/EMBEDED LIBRARY DOES NOT LOAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Working away, stair disappeared. The embedded library had nothing in it, and I get an error message that says

"the sources of some Hotlinked Modules are missing, or their BIM server is offline or not compatible.
Elements of these Modules are visible in this Project, but you cannot update them."

Then it says it cannot save the plan file. WHAT IS THIS, I HAVE WORKED ALL DAY ON THIS FILE, now this? I JUST REALLY HATE AC16 with all the bugs. So what do I do now,

Tried to save as a .pla and load the library...does not work.
Tried to open a back up file same error message
Tried to cut/copy/paste stair from old file same error message...so where
does the "embedded" file reside and why can't I load it.

Two days later: Rebuilt the stair and continued with project, lost another library part, a bracket. Can tell you, any problems at all are related to the "renovation tool". After i finish up my four current projects am returning to AC15 and won't have to deal with the tool. It wasn't well thought out, I can control every bit of my projects through layers which I think the tool was supposed to be trying to do. However, it's default is "demolition" so that every wall, line, leader, roof, etc (every tool) used, then requires one to go back into it and set it's designation in two places: existing, demolition, planned, to be removed, etc. What a waste of time. There is no way to set it for existing and move on because of this useless default.

One of my projects had A, B, C and D versions. The kitchen, office, dance room, art room, stairs, recording, sound and practice rooms all moved in various renditions. There is no way the "renovation tool" could ever handle this, but I could have in 15 by use of layer sets/layers. ArchiCAD/Graphisoft didn't get enough feedback from experienced AC users before they foisted it off on us as an "improvement". It has slowed me down a lot, and frustrated my otherwise quick,accurate ability to do my work. AC15 here i come.

I plan to remove AC 16 entirely from my computer, only saving the files as necessary. Will load it only if I need to open those four files.

error problem.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just to let you know:
The Renovation Tool is not an Design Options Tool or similar and it was never meant to be.
It was meant to handle the phases of a typical renovation project, where there are existing, demolished and new elements.

Version A, B, C and D are design options. I can understand that you can't achieve these with the Reno Tool because it was never meant for that.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27