Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Schuco says "Graphisoft working on a new standard"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I contacted Schuco, because some door/windows were not available on Bimobject.

The reply I got was that Graphisoft was working on a new standard, so they wouldn't release or develop any more objects on Bimobject until Graphisoft had released this "new standard"

?, wtf?

Why would they say something like this?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The is the official reply from Germany:

At the moment we only have the ArchiCAD BIM files you can see online at BIMobject.com

"
it is not possible to develop new ones because Graflsoft is developing a new standard for ArchiCAD BIM files which still takes time.

Also ArchiCAD files has to be programmed -instead of Revit files which are designed. This is the reason why it takes longer and is more difficult to develop new ArchiCAD files.

As soon as Graphisoft has a new standard we will start to create new ArchiCAD files and we will consider your request in our further planning.
"

I've asked the Norwegian Schuco department to further inquire about this "new standard" and I'll post when I get the reply.
henryL
Enthusiast
Retdefender wrote:
Really interesting that the new version was just released and we are already discussing about the next one.
We architects will be never satisified with anything!!!!!!
Never !!!
Archicad is a very old program, it's a natural evolution replacing old parts with new ones.
I think release 22 is just preparatory for new big features: if a new standard is coming performance improvements are mandatory.

A year ago i wrote a letter full of wishes to my local graphisoft branch office and they replied with :

Wish: project versioning
Answer: Graphisoft is working on it

W: more than 3 renovation status
A: Graphisoft is working on it

W: layer grouping in folders

W: new and easier geometric language based on python

W: office shared favourites
A: Nope, use old inflexible templates

Obviously we will never know when we will get them. So these are just speculations, also because Graphisoft (and Nemetschek) is big, very big, and they're surely "working on" everything related to architecture design ( real time render, VR, Cloud, mep...).