cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shading: cut fill Pen or Cut Fill Background Pen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking for options on creating a composite with a shaded gray core.

Is it better to use a Solid Fill with a gray as the Cut Fill Pen (Which displays the Composite in the selection area in the dialog box with the solid black fill) or an Empty fill with a gray Cut Fill Background Pen (this option will show the Composite in the selection area of the composite dialog box as having a white fill even if is gray or any other color)?.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
.. If you use the Model View Option setting 'Cut Fill Patterns: Solid' to turn your walls into poche walls, the composite's Cut Fill Pen will be used to determine the color(s) of the poche, not the Cut Fill Background Pen....Cheers,
Link.
Thanks Link, I did not think about the Cut Fill Pens ability to supersede the Cut Fill Background Pen (at least for solid fills). And actually no fills colors for either the cutfill pen or teh cut fill background pen when the Model View Option setting 'Cut Fill Patterns: Solid'
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut fill & Cut fill Backgrounds colors do both display with the Model View Option setting 'Cut Fill Patterns: Solid'

Here is a 50% fill with a yellowish Cut Fill and a Black Cut fill background. I guess the result is a brown poche.
Cut Fill interaction.JPG
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you sure it's still set to solid?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Are you sure it's still set to solid?

Cheers,
Link.
I am sorry for the confusion, you are right. now I see what you mean by
the "solid", I falsely assumed that we were just un-checking the box "Show
Cut Fill Contours Only". You are correct and my settings were 'As In
Settings' not 'Solid'.

The 'Solid' option would be difficult for me just because of the different cut fills that I use for columns and the different fill pens for gyp, board, plywood and siding. It can be done, but with much more attention to the pen sets and when those cut fills that are not part of the core that I want poched would have to be set to white.

still leaning towards using a Solid fill and adjusting the cut fill pen and setting the Model View Option setting 'Cut Fill Patterns: As In
Settings'.

Thanks for the info on how others are doing it.